oz Nature’s Fynd Dairy-Free Original Cream Cheese
cup sugar, granulated
tbsp oat milk
tbsp lemon juice, fresh
tsp vanilla extract, all-natural
tbsp sugar, granulated
8" or 9” vegan pie crust, homemade or store-bought
Or for homemade pie crust:
½ cups graham cracker crumbs
tbsp coconut oil, melted
cup sugar, granulated
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare the graham cracker pie crust, and let cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, add your softened cream cheese with sugar and beat on low, until smooth and creamy. While still on low, add in the cornstarch, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Continue beating on low until combined. Once combined, turn up to high and continue beating, until smooth.
Transfer your pie filling to the prepared pie crust. Bake for 40–45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely. The pie will be slightly jiggly and the middle will look a little underdone. Don’t fret! This is correct! Once cool, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Once the pie has cooled completely, carefully layer sliced bananas on top in whatever pattern you like. Sprinkle the additional 3 tablespoons of sugar on top of the sliced bananas.
Using a blow torch, brûlée the banana slices until the sugar is perfectly caramelized.
Slice and enjoy.
If you choose to make your own graham cracker crust:
In a medium bowl, add the cookie crumbs, melted coconut oil, and sugar. Stir well to combine, then press down into the bottom of an 8" pie pan.
Press firmly and evenly, going up the sides of the pie pan.
Bake the crust in a 350-degree oven for 10 min and let cool completely before adding the filling.
1. If you don't want to use graham crackers, feel free to use vegan gingersnaps cookies or Oreos.
2. If possible, refrigerate your pie overnight. This gives it the best firm texture, especially when it comes to slicing the pie.
3. To slice the cheesecake, use a slightly wet and extra sharp knife.
4. For a gluten-free pie, swap out the cornstarch or tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch.
5. To store: Store leftover pie in the refrigerator, either in a sealable container or covered with plastic wrap. Refrigerated pie will keep well for up to 7 days.
Per serving 1 slice of pie (110g): Calories: 300 kcal, Fat: 16g, Sat Fat: 12g, Sodium: 250mg, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 3g
Allergen information: contains Fungi, soy, and wheat